Online Summer Retreat: The Fire of Joy
Turn this time of uncertainty into an opportunity for freedom. Join us for some or all of this week-long Summer Retreat:
- Learn meditation from scratch or take your practice further with interactive workshops.
- Engage with inspirational talks about the Buddhist vision for life.
- Explore and discuss meditation and other aspects of practice in small groups with people from across the world.
- Connect with the retreat leaders and ask questions directly.
- Receive daily emails with tips on how to turn your life into a retreat.
- Explore Buddhist rituals and discover ways to find greater meaning in your life.
The retreat is led by the London Buddhist Centre, in conjunction with the Cambridge Buddhist Centre and others from across the UK and Ireland. You can join in with afternoon events with the Cambridge sangha as well as come together in large numbers to practice the Buddha's teaching.
The way to make the most of the retreat would be to take the week off work and commit to joining in with everything. If you can’t do that, just come to what you can.
- starts 7pm Sunday 2nd August
- 7 - 7:45am and 8-9am: Regulars meditation (led by LBC, on Zoom)
- 8:15 - 9am: Newcomers meditation (led by LBC, on Zoom)
- 10 - 11am: Meditation teaching (led by LBC, on Zoom and YouTube)
- 11 - 11:30am: Breakout groups - Reporting in (led by local Centres, on Zoom)
- 12 - 1pm: Bodywork (Yoga or Chi Kung, led by LBC)
- 4 - 5pm: Afternoon activity (led by local Centres, on Zoom)
- 7 - 9pm: Dharma Talk + Q&A (led by LBC on YouTube)
- ends by 12pm Sunday 9th August
You will need to book via the London Buddhist Centre. When you book, choose 'Cambridge Buddhist Centre' from the drop-down menu, so that you join in with afternoon events with the local Cambridge sangha. Booking link: https://londonbuddhistcentreonline.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6f3bc...