What the World Needs Now (In-person)
What the World Needs Now - A Buddhist Response to the Modern World
With so much suffering in the world and our modern civilisation facing many complex challenges, how can Buddhist teachings from 2,500 years ago inform our response?
Together we will apply basic Buddhist principles to the many troubles facing the modern world. With a mixture of meditation, talks, discussion, and ritual we will engage both heart and mind to explore what a Buddhist response to these issues might be.
Over the six week course we will explore the following topics:
1. A Mindful Response to the Modern World
2. Generosity in the Face of Consumerism
3. A Simple Life to Save the Planet
4. Loving Kindness in a World of Conflict
5. Skilful Communication in a Post Truth World
6. The Bodhisattva Ideal: A Life Well Lived
Hopefully, by the end of the course, we will feel more empowered to find solutions and be encouraged to engage in both personal and collective action from a Buddhist perspective.