Buddhism level 2: Buddhist Ethics
A six-week course, for people wanting to extend their knowledge of Buddhism. Classes include short talks, discussion, workshop elements and often short periods of meditation.
This will be a very practical module on Buddhist ethics. How do we know the best way to act, for our sake and others', if we don't look to the authority of a God?
The individual weeks will cover the following topics
- Ethics as individual choice
- Love - the golden rule
- Generosity - respecting and contributing
- Contentment - weakening the neurotic drives
- Honesty - being true about ourselves
-Awareness - the working edge for any growth
This module can be taken in isolation, but it also is part of a one year course comprising six modules, as below:
- What makes you a Buddhist?
- Dharma Truth Teachings
- Ritual and Devotion
- Symbolic Dharma
- Buddhist Ethics